SHANGHAI, CH Sept 3 2014 – Every year in China, colleges and universities churn out seven million new graduates eager to move into the workforce. A new career guide launched here last month will now help them to find that first position faster.
The book “First Steps to a Career” is written by Simon Wan, Chairman and CEO of Cornerstone International Group. It was launched at the annual Shanghai Book Fair in mid-August with a book signing co-sponsored by Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press.
“Work is one of the most important things in our lives,” says Wan. “In order to have a good career path, people need to start planning right after university graduation. This book should help them to get a faster start.”
The book contains nine chapters, each devoted to a specific set of skills required to research and win that critical first job. They are:
- Managing and dealing with change.
- Making decisions and planning directions.
- Learning to self-assess with better techniques.
- Preparing detailed CVs.
- Improving strategic job searching skills.
- Developing interpersonal and tool-using skills.
- Building up interview skills.
- Practising negotiation skills for better offers.
- Passing a probation period successfully.
Cornerstone International Group has headquarters here and in the USA in Atlanta, Ga. The group includes 67 offices in 37 countries around the world and is a member of the Association of Executive Search Consultants, considered the gold standard for the industry.
For more information on Cornerstone in the Asia-Pacific Region.
For more information on the China Career Guide