Cornerstone: Consider Us As Your Company Doctor.
Cornerstone looks at our executive search service as a specialist service in some ways similar to a doctor-patient relationship. We like to use this medical analogy to explain to prospective clients our approach: if you experienced a severe and exceptional health problem, would you go to a reputable specialist, or would you entrust your life to the hands of a contingent practitioner?
Like most people, you would make every effort to obtain the services of a reputable medical expert and trust that they will expend their best efforts to cure you. On the other hand, the general or contingent practitioner handles many patients with various medical conditions and may not have the time to keep up with the latest research in all problem areas. You can’t be satisfied with a cursory examination, and you need specialized attention and the time required to get to the bottom of things.
Think of Cornerstone as the specialist who knows your “case” and will take the time to handle it carefully and persistently.
WHEN YOU ADD CORNERSTONE, YOU ADD GROWTH.
- We don’t just provide CVs. We share our network of winners who are motivated to consider a career change. Best candidates are often “passives” – they already hold a job and not looking. We have a deep network to approach passives who might be interested in a new opportunity with our clients.
- We spend time understanding the client’s organizational culture. It must match a prospective candidate’s requirements to succeed in the role, particularly those competencies beyond technical skills and experience.
- Our search process focuses on understanding the candidates’ motivations and experience. It is only a win-win situation when there is a good fit between both the clients and the candidates.
- You only see the finalists, saving you time, money, and wasted effort. We don’t overwhelm our clients with many candidate reports.
- Cornerstone has high standards for quality and ethical standards. We are a member of the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC). AESC is the only association comprised of the best search firms worldwide that have successfully passed extensive auditing.
- Our success since 1989 and in some 40 countries are the credentials you can trust. We have completed over 20,000 senior assignments in 40 countries since 1989 and have high standards for quality and ethics.
- Your talent acquisition team working with Cornerstone gains knowledge and experience. This experience with a leading recruitment professionals significantly increase the probability of success in other recruiting projects.
- We guarantee our work. We believe in our process so much that we guarantee it. All of our senior level executive searches carry a one-year guarantee, which means that if anything happens during that time – whatever the reason the hire leaves – we will search again for free.
Landing successful candidates can be a game changer for your business. We call these successful candidates the new “corporate cornerstones”, as they don’t just perform but stay and become the cornerstones of success for our clients.
Top 5 Talent Acquisitions Needs We Solve:
- Executive & Specialist Search
- Project & Interims Search
- International Expansion
- Diversity Search
- Board Search
Executive & Specialist Search.
Each search project is customized and driven by our client’s specific needs.
A Cornerstone network of hundreds of experienced consultants in 40 countries, 60 offices worldwide, and in all time zones is available to support you.
C-Suite, with Our Industry Expertise
- Consumer & Luxury Goods
- Financial Services
- Food Service
- Life Science & Healthcare
- Professional Services
- Specialty Chemicals
- Ship Building
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Legal & Compliance
- Research & Development
- Supply Chain
Project and Interim Search
The sudden departure of executives can expose family businesses to severe leadership crises. Leadership gaps can be problematic for all businesses, large and small.
Gaps can occur due to a variety of reasons: planned mergers and acquisitions or the sudden discovery of compliance issues are just two examples. You need experienced executives who are ready to hit the ground running and are primed to produce results at every growth phase while you look at longer-term solutions.
A Cornerstone network of thousands of experienced executives in 40 countries and 60 offices worldwide is available on an interim, fractional, or direct-hire basis. At Cornerstone, we call these experienced executives the UBER, LYFT, or DIDI-style executives; they come and fix company problems fast.
Typical Interim Executives Hires:
Upgrade financial strength with
- Interim CFO
- VP of Finance
Rebuilding your Business with
- Interim CEO / President / GM
- VP of Sourcing
- VP of HR
Hire anyone anywhere, quicker and easier.
When you decide to capitalize on new market opportunities overseas, partnering with us at Cornerstone makes it easier for you to attract the world’s brightest talent anywhere around the globe.
Our Global Network of 60 offices in 40 countries since 1989 can help you add new appropriate international hires without international headaches. Our Cornerstone consultants will help you reach your target faster.
Diversity matters. Companies that do well in promoting diversity promote their own success. Cornerstone fully subscribes to the AESC pledge:
- We are committed to combating racism, prejudice, and discrimination within our organization, with candidates and the clients we serve and within our communities.
- We pledge to use our collective voices and actions to help create an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible world.
The four most common areas of diversity that companies identify:
- Gender Diversity
- Physical Disabilities
- Cultural Diversity
- Racial Diversity
The business case for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) is stronger than ever, but progress has stalled in many companies. In our candidate searches, Cornerstone specializes in finding candidates with DE&I in mind.
Board of Directors Search
The most important team is right at the top – the partnership of the CEO and an aligned, engaged Board.
Our board search starts with a thorough understanding of the corporation’s goals, strategy, and culture, as well as the appropriateness and experience required for incoming Board Members.
The recruiting process is rigorous. Depending upon the company’s expectations, the talent pool may appear disconcertingly small and the research process arduous. We draw upon the expertise of senior Cornerstone partners in 40 countries worldwide who understand the importance of focused, personal attention to each specific client challenge. They can take advantage of exchanging best practices among peers to fine-tune specific results for the clients.
During the search process for external directors, we ensure the proper alignment of knowledge and experience in compliance with the organization’s needs. We assess the entire composition of the Board: this means we evaluate the existing directorate (supervisory board/ external directors) to ensure collaborative synergies, DE&I, and cultural impact. Based on our knowledge and market intelligence, we provide strategic advice to the CEO and Board and support them in finding additional board members.
Our Executive Search Process
Opening Phase, Work Day 1 to Day 10
- Stakeholder Interviews: The thorough discovery process confirms functional competencies, personal qualities, the impact of organizational culture, performance expectations, compensation, and measurements of success.
- Execute research plan: We review updated industry research, function, compensation, and the competitive landscape to identify areas most likely to produce high-potential candidates.
- Project Management: We create a project plan to serve as a guide throughout the engagement. The technique incorporates initial research and yields comprehensive Position Specification and Candidate Profile documents.
- Calibration Meeting: A unique Cornerstone step, this presentation of sample resumes for discussion and calibration confirms that the search strategy and project plan are on target.
Shortlisting Phase, Work Day 11 to Day 20
- Direct Contacting of Candidates.
- Candidate Interviews and Assessments: We validate skills and experience and assess strategic and cultural fit.
- Behavioral Interview: A unique Cornerstone step, this process allows insight into candidates’ ability to communicate and respond to hypothetical situations in a direct, organized manner. These interviews determine potential candidates’ levels of personal interest and investment in the position.
- Presentation of Candidates: A short list of the highest potential candidates is presented for a joint review of each candidate and their qualifications.
Confirmation Phase. Work Day 21 to Project Completion
- Client/Candidate Interviews: We arrange for interviews and assist in evaluating and comparing individual candidates.
- The client always makes the selection decision.
- Compensation and Negotiation: We will counsel the client relative to the compensation package and act as a third party to facilitate the final agreement.
- At the client’s request, we conduct thorough reference checks.
Onboarding Support Phase, Start Day +90
- Day 1 for New Employee: We don’t consider the engagement complete when the new hire begins to work. We provide onboarding coaching and follow-up with clients and candidates until the selected candidate completes 90 days of service at his or her new job.
- Continuous Evaluation and Feedback: We are vested in the success and work to facilitate the transition/onboarding throughout the first year.