Each year, members of Cornerstone International Group get together somewhere on the planet for 3-4 days. It’s become one of the most important things we do as a network of owner managers who share a determination to be the best they can be.
This year, we met in Greece at an outstanding location, rich in the legend and beauty of the Attic coastline. Seventy members and spouses were in attendance, representing 28 countries. It was a perfect opportunity to share best practices, ideas and thoughts and create lasting friendships.
Sitting on the balcony overlooking the Aegean Sea, at Cape Sounio, just outside Athens, I reflected on the past few days and wrote these notes to myself:
- A group of people with diverse backgrounds and a committed approach can have a tremendously positive impact on each of the group’s members
- The global economy is changing rapidly and we must change even faster
- We must keep focused on what is important
- Staying customer-dedicated and delivering value will ensure we are relevant
- Growing means learning something new every day
- Appreciate those who have chosen to remain in your circle of friends, influencers and mentors
- Associate with people you like, respect and trust
- Say thank you at every opportunity – so many people have contributed to our journey
- The energy from this important event will accelerate me into tomorrow
I hope every reader of this blog makes an effort to find their own “recharge” and have it as meaningful as this has been for me.
Larry C. Shoemaker is President of Shoemaker & Associates/Cornerstone Atlanta. He specializes in retained search, leadership assessment and coaching. He is also President of Cornerstone International Group, a global retained search organization comprised of about 70 independently owned offices located around the globe. Headquarters are in Shanghai, China and Atlanta, GA. He holds an International Coach Foundation ACC Credential.