I am passionate about bringing out the best in people – tapping into their potential and resources so that they become more successful in their career and better at managing themselves and leading others to achieve improved results. I love to work with those who are motivated and committed in continuously developing themselves.
My client was a mature senior executive, a PhD holder with profound experience in the medical equipment business in USA and who was facing a career transition issue.
Through the coaching program, I helped him to discover his vision, his role in his family, his career options and his mission for the years to come.
He successfully passed through a rethinking process and formulated his plan for going forward in the coming 10 years.
I changed my focus to career coaching, executive search and human resources management consultancy in 1994. This was after a fruitful career as a human resources professional in various multinational companies in the banking, high-tech and garments industries, including Motorola, Citibank and GAP. My exposure covered Hong Kong, PRC, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, India and Sri-Lanka.
I hold the following academic and professional qualifications:
- NLP Coach, Member of International Coaching Federation, USA
- Career Transition Consultant, CPI, USA
- Global Career Development Facilitator, CCE, USA
- Certified Trainer
- Executive Master of Business Administration, City University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Science, University of Alberta, Canada
- Diploma in Adult Education, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Certificate in Personnel Management, University of Hong Kong
- Diploma in Training Management, Chinese University of Hong Kong
At present, I am serving the communities of Hong Kong in the following capacities:
- Honorary Chairman, Institute of Training Professionals
- Member of the Cross-Industry Training Advisory Committee for the Human Resources Management Sector, Education Bureau, HKSAR
- School Supervisor, Hong Chi Association (serving people with intellectual disabilities)
- Senior Teaching Consultant, Center of Development and Resources for Students, The University of Hong Kong
- Director, Fullness Christian Vocational Training Center
- Director, Echo Valley Evangelistic Association for the Handicaps
- Adviser, Mutual Care Association (serving people with intellectual disabilities)
- Member of the Business Management Programme Board, Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (IVE)
- Specialist of the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications, HKSAR
- Adviser, Business Advisory Service, Support & Consultation Centre for SMEs, Trade and Industry Department, HKSAR
I strongly believe that people have potential, resources and answers to solve their problems, in life and work. My coaching approach would be to help them to discover their inner resources by asking appropriate questions, so that they could reach their goals expediently.
My unique coaching approach reflects my passion, curiosity and concern for my clients. It is also to be supportive, intuitive and to challenge and enable changes to take place.
LEVEL / FUNCTION
- C –Levels
- Senior executives
- Business owners
- Human resources management