A candidate may have outstanding experience and qualifications, but if he or she is not compatible with the employing company’s culture, the relationship will fail.
Qualifying should not End at the Candidate
Cornerstone’s Executive Search capability is built on a critical priority – fit, or compatibility.
A candidate may have outstanding experience and qualifications, but if he or she is not compatible with the employing company’s culture, the relationship will fail. Many leading search companies recognize this – but few take it to its logical conclusion.
The methodology of many firms is to conduct a psychometric assessment of the candidates. This indicates information about a candidate’s characteristics. But it is not customized to the organization and the job.
Cornerstone International Group’s talent profile assessment specialists go one step further. They also create a profile of the specific job and of the hiring company, based on input from the hiring manager. Then they can understand meaningful compatibilities between candidates and jobs.
Our members offer a variety of assessment tools to support your selection and talent development activities. Some of these tools are proprietary to Cornerstone International Group, others are not. All the assessments we recommend are:
- Objective, Standardized and Reliable – the scoring and the application of the assessment tool is entirely consistent from one session to another; answers receive the same marks regardless of who completed or scored the test.
- Valid – they measure what they are supposed to measure.
- Compliant with legal and ethical regulations
The assessors are senior executive search consultants with demonstrable knowledge of business and/or have a proven track record in psychometric assessments.
Four of the assessments we offer are:
- Cornerstone Assessments from Human Capital International
- Harrison Assessments
- Devine Assessments
- EBW (Emotions and Behaviors at Work)
All provide information that is valuable in recruiting as well as leadership development and coaching. Each tool:
- provides insight as a decision support tool in the selection process; it eliminates “square peg, round hole” outcomes;
- assists managers in understanding employees and communicating more effectively with them;
- enables coaches to understand the person they are coaching, and to help the person understand themselves better;
- provides a sense of direction in career-planning;
- assists team-building by enabling team leaders to create a better balanced team;
- enables leaders to understand how they impact people and how others interact with them;
- helps identify high-potential employees: those who have the brainpower to perform at a high level as well as the emotional maturity to build strong relationships.