Chuck has a strong background in general management and administration with extensive experience in private enterprise, banking and non-profit organizations. He was the founder and CEO of one manufacturing business in 1972 which was sold in 2004 and a second manufacturing business which was sold in 1999. He has served as a mentor and personal coach to many early stage companies and has been involved at senior board leadership levels in a variety of community-based organizations.
Chuck is a member of the Harris Leadership Strategies search practice team, is the practice leader of the HIE Executive Contracting division, works in executive coaching, and is a partner of the firm. His experience includes:
- Led numerous executive recruiting assignments with areas of expertise in: Manufacturing, Construction, Crown Corp., Construction, Financial, NFP and family owned business.
- Led numerous strategic planning assignments in a variety of industry sectors.
- Expertise in leading business planning in numerous sectors.
- 15 years experience as a Management Consultant providing advisory, mentoring and coaching to varied small to mid-sized manufacturers, distributors, and service providers.
- Thirty-two years of successful experience as a Business Owner and CEO of manufacturing, distributing, and retail operations.
- Senior management roles including Board Chair, President and Executive Board Member of numerous non-profit organizations.
- Experience as a commercial lender for a financial institution and possesses an in-depth knowledge of credit and lending criteria.
Professional background and experience include:
Harris Consulting – Vice President
Goral Private Equity Fund – President
Regal Furniture Mfg. – Founder/CEO
Canwest Bedding Ltd. – Co-founder and Partner
Credit Officer – Mercantile Bank of CA
Board Chair – Habitat for Humanity Winnipeg (2011)
Board President – Shaarey Zedek Synagogue
Board President – Aish Hatorah Wpg
Board President – Furniture West Inc.
Director – Cornerstone Int’l Group
CMC – Certified Management Consultant
MBA – Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
ACC – Certified Coach (ICF)
ICD.D – Institute of Corporate Directors