Gary is a seasoned Human Resources and Executive Search professional with extensive experience providing customized solutions for organizations of all sizes. A results-oriented business partner, he brings a solid track record of creating and implementing actions and protocols to meet the needs of clients and stakeholders. With a focus on organizational strategy and HR infrastructure, he builds relationships, takes initiative and delivers on his recommendations. Importantly, he is known for his ability to link HR initiatives and programs to business needs and has a history of directing and implementing change. He has been involved with start-ups and mature organizations helping them build, grow, right-size and evolve to meet the challenges of changing market dynamics.
His in-depth knowledge of all HR business activities covers compensation, benefit and pension plans, pay equity, employment law, recruitment and major components of reorganization projects including skill realignment, severance and career transition. As a Certified Human Resources Professional, Gary approaches issues from a business perspective and finds the solutions to achieve the desired outcomes.
Prior to moving into consultancy, Gary held a variety of executive roles with national and global experience in the financial industry. He has a successful track record of strategic change management and positive impact to profitability and talent development. His passion and key practice area is helping a business achieve its desired growth objectives by effectively aligning its people resources with its physical and financial resources. One of his key practice areas is compensation where he combines his experience in this field with his Insurance Broker license to design and implement Group Benefit plans.
In addition to ongoing professional development activities, Gary holds an Honours Business Administration degree from the University of Windsor and is a Certified Human Resources Professional with the Human Resources Professional Association. He has been a Faculty Member with Sheridan Institute of Advanced Learning, instructing Human Resource Management and Compensation Management.
Gary has worked in myriad corporate roles on long-term and interim management mandates as well as consulting assignments. As a Search Consultant, he has partnered with major organizations and SMEs including: Integra Capital Management, Bank of Montreal, Banyan Work Health Solutions, AGS Rehab, and Union Bank of Switzerland, to name a few.
Recent successes include:
- Full-service HR Solutions: Partnered with an international consumer packaged goods organization to establish their vision of expansion into the Canadian market. Provided strategic insight to the development of their HR infrastructure, acting as lead advisor and recruitment specialist. Developed policy, process and third-party resources to provide compensation, benefits, operations structure and program implementation over an 8-month engagement.
- Search and Recruitment: Conducted high-level searches for senior executives with end-to-end involvement, including assessments, to ensure satisfaction of hard and soft skill requirements along with 360° team compatibility. Some examples:
- HR Director – Long Term Care sector
- Operations Manager – Manufacturing Sector
- Operations Manager – Transportation Sector
- Project Manager – Engineering – Utilities Sector
- VP Chief Operations – Energy Conservation Sector
- Trust Accountant – Capital Markets Sector