Ian has over 23 years’ experience in executive search and has been a Director of Cornerstone (UK) since 1994.
For Ian, success means simply: ‘recruiting candidates who exceed expectations and therefore add more value’. Many functional leaders recruited have progressed to general management, including a managing director who recently completed 10 years, having led a business transformation.
After graduating with a BA Economics from Manchester University, Ian´s first career moves were in progressive sales and marketing roles with Procter & Gamble. He then joined a leading search and selection consultancy where he learned the value of assessment tools and became accredited to use them by the British Psychological Society.
Ian and his wife Linda spend most of their spare time with their sons and respective families, skiing in France, cycling anywhere, or golfing where it is warm.
- Advised the Board of a financial services business and subsequently recruited the Managing Director for an innovative investment management start-up.
- Recruited the European (now Global) VP for a NASDAQ listed market research consultancy.
- Recruited the Chairman for a multi VC invested materials technology business.
- Recruited the new Director General for a highly respected trade association.
- Recruited the CEO for a VC invested engineered products business in preparation for exit transaction.
What our customers say
“Ian was introduced to our Board as a result of work he had undertaken, sponsored by a venture capital business.
“We have now worked with Ian for six years. During this time he has helped us to strengthen our top team with director-level appointments in sales, operations, finance, and investment management.
“Without prompting, he has maintained a close working relationship with our business, even when not actively recruiting for us.”
Peter Lane, Group Commercial Director, Tenet Group Ltd