A seasoned transformative consultant and strategy influencer, Sandy has a passion for public sector work and a personal commitment to continuous improvement.
She brings a keen focus to helping her clients streamline operations, re-align people and position their leaders and teams to better deliver upon key business priorities. Her big-picture perspective is founded on extensive experience within Human Resources, Finance and Controllership, Corporate and Strategic Policy, Program Management, and Operations.
With 25 years of service in leadership roles in eight ministries of the Ontario Public Service, Sandy has designed, developed and implemented a range of enterprise and program-level business improvement programs. As a certified Executive and Team Performance Coach, she champions leadership development as pivotal to every organization’s ongoing success. Her portfolio includes pioneering a government-wide consortium of certified internal coaches; leading organizational reviews and implementing redesign strategies; directing business improvement projects using Lean Six Sigma methodology; developing evaluation and performance measurement frameworks; and orchestrating large-scale change management initiatives, always with a strong focus on implementable solutions that support strategic priorities.
RECENT COACHING & TRAINING SUCCESSES
- Pioneered the creation of a Consortium of certified coaches from across government to coach managers as part of their ministry leadership development program
- Provided leadership coaching to dozens of established and new managers to enhance their ability to address ongoing leadership challenges and to assist them with career navigation
- Conducted workshops to groups of managers to support their learning in assuming a “coach approach” for more effective and empowering staff interactions
- Conducted workshops with a group of leaders who were responsible to coach enterprise-wide leadership teams in a virtual environment
- Conducted team coaching sessions with a newly reorganized management team resulting in a 30 percent improvement in key team performance indicators (TPIs)
- Conducted team coaching session/stress management sessions for private sector clients to support team effectiveness
- Designed and implemented ministry-wide leadership learning programs for executives and managers in the “Learning Ministries”
CERTIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Executive Management & Public Sector Leadership Certificates, Queen’s University
- Certification in Executive Coaching (CEC), Royal Roads University
- Certification in Team Performance Coaching (CTPC), Team Coaching International
- Associate Membership (ACC), International Coach Federation
- Certificate in Organizational Development, Queen’s University
- Governance for Not-For-Profit Boards, Rotman School of Business, U of T
- MA coursework, Measurement and Evaluation, OISE, U of T
BSC (OT), School of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Western Ontario