Nance is known for driving Leadership Success, Business Growth and Change Management. Her career history illustrates an ability to deliver organizational wins across the board.
As a professionally trained coach Nance uses a style of empathy and honesty that cuts through the clutter to help people and organizations achieve their goals. She is an insightful, detail-oriented professional with a history of introducing fresh, forward-looking ideas that help leaders grow and expand their organizations.
Nance has served in senior executive roles with Canadian and US-owned companies, engaging and leading teams to achieve success especially through organizational change, mergers & acquisitions. Along with her corporate work, she has 20+ years’ experience as an entrepreneur, presenter and senior executive coach. Nance is known for developing and facilitating thought-provoking personal and professional development seminars, executive retreats and workshops that empower and accelerate success and business growth. Nance is past President for International Coaching Federation Toronto and has served on many professional Boards.
RECENT COACHING & TRAINING SUCCESSES
- A Company President/CEO could see the potential of a new acquisition; however, he was hesitant and not sure how to take this new combined company to its next level. He was worried about the time it might take away from his core business. He was busy working in the business and not looking or working on the business. Through a series of coaching sessions, we implemented several strategies including the 4 Disciplines of Execution. This allowed him to clarify and focus on his Wildly Important Goal and increase the bottom line of this business by 150% in one year. We have now been working together for more than 10 years and his business continues to grow.
- Coached the President/CEO of a fast-growing medical device company during change initiatives through challenges with staff, customers and investors, first by establishing vision, mission and value statements, then by developing the President into a top-notch progressive leader.
- Coached a young President/CEO of the 20 million dollar company his father started and built. Unfortunately when his father became suddenly ill he had to step into the President/CEO role without a clear plan. His confidence was low and the staff always looked at him as the boss’s son, not as the leader of the company – and treated him that way. After several coaching sessions he has developed an excellent vision for the growth of the company and has acquired executive presence and leadership skills that have helped him gain the respect of all employees. His confidence has increased and he is driving the company forward.
- Coached the senior leadership team of a large international manufacturing company struggling with a lack of communication and trust. Nance identified the divisive issues through interviews followed by a strategic customized workshop and one-on-one executive coaching. As a result of these immediate efforts, along with an action plan for sustainability, productivity and teamwork have soared.
- Supported a Vice President of Finance facing career inertia. By identifying the root causes, she was successful in building self esteem, overcoming indecision and re-energizing her passion for her work… all leading to advancement to a more senior role.
- Coached a President/CEO of a not-for-profit group. The board felt that she needed coaching as the staff was complaining about her leadership style, and several long-time employees had left the organization. An MRG Leadership Effectiveness Assessment 360 was completed and we worked together on her development opportunities as well as completed exit interviews with previous employees. This allowed us to move forward quickly with great success.
- Mentored and Coached Board Members of a not-for-profit organization where a complete restructure was taking place, supporting them with organizational effectiveness tools and strategies.
CERTIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Certified Executive Coach – Academy of Executive Coaching
- Professional Certified Coach – International Coaching Federation
- Corporate Coach U Certified Graduate – Corporate Coach U
- Organizational Development & Effectiveness – Brock U and Corporate Coach U
- Prosci Change Management Certification – Prosci Canada
- Kotter Change Management Certification – Kotter Inc.
- Licensed Coaching Skills Instructor – Coach University & Flow Coaching Institute
- Master Career Coach – Career Partners International
- BA, Business Studies – Brock University
- Leadership Development, Industrial Psychology, Human Resources – Niagara College
- Strategic Leadership Development® Suite of Assessments – Management Resource Group
- Certified Conflict Resolution Coach – Creating a Respectful Workplace
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution Certified Leader – FranklinCovey
- EQAgilityInsights – Emotional Intelligence Agility Leadership – Executive Coach Global
- Conversational Intelligence Coach Certification – Judith E Glaser (WBECS)
- Round Table/Mastermind Facilitator – (WBECS) World Business & Executive Coach Summit
- Narrative Coach Certification – Dr David Drake (WBECS) Jan 2020
- Conscious Business Coaching – Conscious Business Academy – Fred Kofman Jan 2020