Honoured with the Prism Award for Coaching Excellence 2022
Nance sits on the CIG board as the Chair of the Cornerstone Leadership Academy and is the Chief Coaching Officer for Cornerstone Toronto/Executive Coach Global. Nance leads a Coaching team of more than 22 ICF-accredited and highly knowledgeable Coaches.
Nance is a lifelong learner known for driving leadership success and business growth. She is a Certified Executive Coach, Certified Master Career Growth Coach, Change Management Specialist, Conversational Intelligence Coach and Positive Psychology-Based Health & Wellness Coach. Her years of experience working in senior leadership in the corporate world and business success combined with her continuous education, sets her clients up for success and growth.
Nance has served in executive leadership roles with both Canadian and US-owned companies, engaging and leading teams to achieve success. On the foundation of her two decades of experience as an instructor and corporate executive coach, Nance develops and facilitates thought-provoking personal and professional development seminars and workshops that empower and accelerate growth. Co-author of the book LeadershipAIM, she has authored over 100 articles published in The Business Link, Reason and Beyond, and Your Workplace magazines.
Nance is past President for ICF Toronto, a past board member of ACMP (Association of Change Management Practitioners) and Global Chair for Cornerstone International Group Leadership Academy.
As a professionally trained coach, Nance uses a style of empathy and honesty that cuts through the clutter to help people and organizations achieve their goals. She is an insightful, detail-oriented professional with a history of introducing fresh, forward-looking ideas that help leaders grow and expand their organizations.
RECENT COACHING & TRAINING SUCCESSES
- A Company President/CEO could see the potential of a new acquisition; however, he was hesitant and not sure how to take this new combined company to its next level. He was worried about the time it might take away from his core business. He was busy working in the business and not looking or working on the business. Through a series of coaching sessions, we implemented several strategies including the 4 Disciplines of Execution. This allowed him to clarify and focus on his Wildly Important Goal and increase the bottom line of this business by 150% in one year. We have now been working together for more than 10 years and his business continues to grow.
- Coached the President/CEO of a fast-growing medical device company through challenges with staff, customers, and investors, first by establishing vision, mission and value statements, then by developing the President into a top-notch progressive leader.
- Coached a young President/CEO of the 20-million-dollar company his father started and built. Unfortunately, when his father became suddenly ill he had to step into the President/CEO role without a clear plan. His confidence was low, and the staff always looked at him as the boss’s son, not as the leader of the company – and treated him that way. After several coaching sessions he has developed an excellent vision for the growth of the company and has acquired executive presence and leadership skills that have helped him gain the respect of all employees. His confidence has increased, and he is driving the company forward.
- Coached the senior leadership team of a large international manufacturing company struggling with a lack of communication and trust. Nance identified the divisive issues through interviews followed by a strategic customized workshop and one-on-one executive coaching. As a result of these immediate efforts, along with an action plan for sustainability, productivity and teamwork have soared.
- Supported a Vice President of Finance facing career inertia. By identifying the root causes, she was successful in building self-esteem, overcoming indecision, and re-energizing her passion for her work… all leading to advancement to a more senior role.
- Coached a President/CEO of a not-for-profit group. The board felt that she needed coaching as the staff was complaining about her leadership style, and several long-time employees had left the organization. An MRG Leadership Effectiveness Assessment 360 was completed, and we worked together on her development opportunities as well as completed exit interviews with previous employees. This allowed us to move forward quickly with great success.
CERTIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Professional Certified Coach – International Coach Federation
- PROSCI Certified Change Practitioner – Prosci Canada
- Corporate Coach U Certified Graduate – Corporate Coach U
- Licensed Coaching Skills Faculty – Coach University & Flow Coaching Institute
- ACC & PCC Markers Certificate – ICF Assessor
- Master Career Coach – Career Partners International
- BA, Business Studies – Brock University
- Adult Learning Certificate – Niagara College
- Leadership Development, Industrial Psychology, Human Resources – Niagara College
- Strategic Leadership Development® Suite of Assessments – Management Resource Group
- Certified Conflict Resolution Coach – Creating a Respectful Workplace
- C-IQ, Certified Coach in Conversational Intelligence – Judith E Glaser, World Business & Executive Coach Summit
- Certified Executive Coach – College of Executive Coaching
International Coaching Federation, Change Management Institute, Canadian Association of Management Consultants, Association of Change Management Professionals®, Rotary international, Graduate School Alliance for Education in Coaching (GSAEC), Glass Ceiling Women Executives Club | Smashing the Gender Gap for Women who like to WIN!, The Institute of Corporate Directors, International Society for Coaching Psychology