With over 25 years of HR leadership experience working in various professional service companies, I am an Executive Coach who brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to my clients. I work both with executives and high potential leaders helping them to reach their fullest potential as well as build and retain high performing teams. I also do Career Transition coaching for major organizations across the U.S.
My approach to coaching involves using proprietary behavioral science assessments, Energy Leadership Index, as well as coaching techniques and values work all designed to enhance my clients’ leadership skills, increase emotional intelligence and increase anabolic energy to maximize leadership performance.
Prior to becoming a Professional Coach, I spent my career in corporate Human Resources starting at a large law firm in Chicago and subsequently moved into progressively more senior HR leadership roles. These included working for a benefits consulting firm, an international engineering consulting firm and several global marketing communication companies.
In my last corporate role, I was the Chief Talent Officer, North America for Havas Worldwide, a global marketing communications company with revenue over $390M and over 1,200 employees. While at Havas, I successfully advanced the Talent agenda across multiple areas including but not limited to: Employee Engagement, Performance Management, Talent Acquisition and Talent Management. I am proud to be recognized as a business leader with a proven track record of achieving results.
I currently work with a wide range of companies including: Carlson Wagonlit, DigitasLBi, FCB Chicago, Havas Worldwide, HCB Health, Relativity, Ventas Inc., and We Are Unlimited, an Omnicom company.
I am a certified professional coach through the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and am also certified in behavioral and energy leadership assessments designed to improve and maximize leadership performance.
I coach individuals and teams in the following areas: Leadership Development,
High Potential Leadership Development, New Leader Onboarding and Building and Motivating High-Performing Teams.
My professional certifications include the following:
- Professional Coaching Certification, iPEC, Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
- Energy Leadership, Master Practitioner, iPEC, Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
- COR.E Leadership Dynamics Specialist, iPEC, Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
- Predictive Index Worldwide, Predictive Index Analyst and Workshop Facilitator
- Management Resource Group, Strategic Leadership Development Certified Consultant
- International Coaching Federation Certification
I also hold a Masters of Business Administration (MBA), from Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago and a Bachelors of Arts degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Coached an Executive Vice President at a global digital marketing agency to help improve leadership skills. This executive was a self-proclaimed introvert with the added complexity of managing remote teams. Through the use of 360 feedback, behavior assessment and energy leadership assessment, the executive was able to significantly improve his leadership skills and become more accessible to his team. He was also successful at becoming more actively engaged in his team’s development and became a more positive and motivating influence not only in his department but also across the organization.
- Coached a Senior Vice President at a global marketing organization to increase her Emotional Intelligence, enhancing organizational influence and improving her leadership presence. By using 360 feedback, values work and behavioral assessment, this executive was able to set specific goals to increase her EQ in areas of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management. Coaching resulted in the leader successfully building more successful partnerships across the organization as well as become a more inclusive and calm leader.
- Coached a High Potential Director at global organization moving from an individual contributor role into a leadership role. Goals of the coaching engagement included improving leadership skills, executive presence and communication skills. By incorporating 360 feedback and a behavioral assessment into coaching, the leader was able to better understand and leverage his natural tendencies to more effectively connect with his team, his clients and executive management. Coaching focused on increasing his self-confidence, improving his delegation skills and his overall ability to manage and motivate his team. Leader has since been promoted to Vice President.
- Coached an SVP, Group Creative Director at a leading digital marketing company to increase his Emotional Intelligence, specifically to understand the influence he was having across the organization as well as to improve his leadership and collaboration skills. Through the use of 360 feedback, behavioral and energy leadership assessments, and goal setting, the Executive was able to become a more positive influence across the organization, while also becoming a better collaborator, partner and overall leader.